Grouchy's Grumbles

Don't say I didn't warn you...I'm MOODY. Buckle up, the right may be bumpy today. o;)

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Dayum... the PRETZELS???

So anyone that knows me will tell you that I work to keep my lights on, a roof over my head, and (drum roll, please.......) finance my next trip! LOL.

Having said that, I'm not a luxury traveler. I am a bargain hunter, looking for economical ways to travel in style. Hoping to catch an E-Saver or something, and manage to get a first class seat--- at bathroom aisle (eww) prices. But sometimes, when the sand or the sea is calling me, I splurge. I go ahead and *gulp* charge it. Yes, that may mean spending way too much for my pocketbook. Stupid? Yes. Have I done it before? You betcha. But that is not the norm. It really isn't... (Anyone notice how I sound like I am trying to convince myself??)

Sometimes travelers manage to find great sales. I admit that my own inbox is full of the e-newsletters from of all my favorite sites. We work hard for our money. Endure crap from crabby bosses, customers, blah blah. So, when we spend our precious money on a trip, we want to enjoy every second of it. For most people, we aren't lucky enough to typically travel the world in luxury. I'm not referring to those with private jets, chauffeured limos, etc. I'm just talking about first class, the wide leather seats in the front of the air BUS. LOL.

Instead, most of us gaze longingly at the roomy first class cabin passengers, sipping on the pre-flight 'beverage of choice'... as we move to the back. Yeah, to COACH. No biggie. We're still happy(!) to be able to go somewhere right? We have SAVED for this. Go ahead; shove your bag into the overhead bin. Buckle your seatbelt. You go to war with your neighbor for the armrest. And finally, you relax. The plane takes off. You realize your stomach is growling. Dayum, you KNEW that you should have paid FIVE (?!--WTF) dollars for that croissant in the terminal. But wait. Oh yeah, wait. Its cool.. the flight attendants are coming down the aisle.

You are ready. You NEED your snack. Boredom and anxiety in the air often equal hunger. So, you wait anxiously. You are ready for your cup of your juice/soda/coffee/water/tea (forget days of the whole can). PS, don't even think about it... you are NOT entitled to the bubbly that you saw flowing in the front section. Haha. S/he takes your drink order. They pass you your plastic cup and napkin. You wait for that snack that you NEEDED, remember? Well, keep waiting. Lookout: the latest in the airline cuts-- THE PEANUTS/PRETZELS snack????! (Here is the full story)

Bloggers, this is a warning. I am CRANKY when I am hungry. So, if you see someone get on the plane with a paper bag of goodies... know that is probably me. LMAO. Dayum!

10 Comments:

  • At July 07, 2005 10:40 AM, Blogger CubanDiva said…

    Grouchy,
    You and your dayum snacks. You KNOW all you are getting on the plane is some dayum pretzels and if you are lucky you may get 2 small bags!
    I am waiting to see what you take on your next trip for snacks. LMAO

     
  • At July 07, 2005 12:21 PM, Blogger Karla said…

    oh no they didn't not the pretzels! i also get cranky when i am hungry and you dont want to be near me when i am hungry and tired. :) oh man this now means that i am going to have to pack and extra suitcase filled with snacks. :)

     
  • At July 07, 2005 5:21 PM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said…

    This is why I will only fly delta.

    How come this is my first time at your blog? Why didn't you tell me you started a blog? ;p~~~

     
  • At July 08, 2005 6:43 PM, Blogger Caro said…

    i HATE flippin delta. gahd, i will NEVER fly them again. chatta-fucking-nooga

    good thing my flights to school now are only 2 hours long.

     
  • At July 12, 2005 12:24 PM, Blogger The Grouchy One said…

    Kim: don't front. you KNOW you get hungry on the plane like the rest of us. LOL. Keep your eyes open girl, lol... you can bet that I will bring snacks on my next trip. LOL. Lookout!

    Karla: see, someone feels my pain! Thank You! ;o)

    Reese: I didn't mention my blog because it sucks. LOL. I'm not a big time blogger with hate mail yet. Will you, and the blogger Sucias be my cyber mentors? LOL

    Caro: Delta made you connect via Chatta-who?? Whoa, that SUX. :-(

    Shelley H: I can't believe they tried to bust you with your bottle. Why do they care? You just needed a 'nip' ;-)
    *Sigh* She was probably getting over her previous flight, where someone unwrapped their paper bag and sipped on the 40. LMAO

     
  • At July 12, 2005 12:26 PM, Blogger CubanDiva said…

    You want me to send your ass some dayum hate mail? I got some already myself. I will be HAPPY to share!

     
  • At July 12, 2005 1:00 PM, Blogger CubanDiva said…

    Okay...I can see Shelley pulling out her little bottle of drinky drink on the plane. LMAO

     
  • At July 12, 2005 1:03 PM, Blogger Desiree said…

    I've got some hate mail to share too!

    When ever I get to go ANYWHERE on a plane, I dont care where it is, I dont care about the snack, I'm just glad to be going somewhere. I dont get vacations very often. OR ever.

    :)

     
  • At July 16, 2005 1:57 AM, Blogger Karla said…

    aww i am sad i am not cool enough yet to get hate mail...but hey i have an offical I HATE KARLA club it just started i hear they give you a cool free t-shirt when you join.

     
  • At July 22, 2005 10:38 PM, Blogger Karla said…

    psssttt... you have been tagged

     

Post a Comment

<< Home