Grouchy's Grumbles

Don't say I didn't warn you...I'm MOODY. Buckle up, the right may be bumpy today. o;)

Monday, August 29, 2005

So, I'm not ready...


I'm NOT ready to give up my flip flops. I'm not ready to trade them in for socks, Tims, scarves, or fleece ;(

I think that the realization that another summer has slipped by is going to make me shed a tear.

I'm not whining for once. I haven't done much at home this summer, but I've still been lucky. I've been able to travel, and see summer in other places:


I've been able to jump giddily in the ocean, and bask in the midday sun. I've been able to sit in an open air stadium, and watch friends play some kick a$$ soccer. I've eaten sticky sweet cotton candy and slurped on yummy frozen lemonade. I had DRINKS around the pool with my some of my OSC chicas ;) Went bike riding in the mountains with a dear friend. So yep, I've been VERY lucky- I've visited old friends, and made new ones. Why am I still so sad to see it go?

I'm not ready for it to get dark early; to need a jacket... or even a COAT. I'm not ready for sweaters, or for de-icer. I'm not ready to hear what the wind chill will be, or how much snow we may get tonight. Yikes.

I'm not ready to face autumn. I don't want to see the pretty leaves of fall, because I know that means winter is on its way. Changes are coming. Life may not be the same next summer. I'm not sure if I'm ready for what may be waiting...


Tank tops, swimsuits please stay. PUHLEASE?

(Yeah, I know that mother nature doesn't take personal requests... but I figured it was worth a try-- LOL)

This is a summer that had made me laugh AND certainly cry--- but as I sit and think, I realize that it was full of friends and memories, and I'm STILL not ready for it to end.

To those that were there, thank you for keeping me company.

Sunshine and Smiles to keep you warm during the 'Winter'...
-Me.


PS, the pic is from a trip last weekend. Cubandiva and I tore up Miami ;)
Okay, not really.. but it sounded like the cool thing to say, LMAO.

Relaxing in front of the water allowed us both to briefly escape. So now, back in reality, I stare at this picture on my desktop and smile. The sea talked to me that day when I cried my salty tears. Somehow, someday. I have to have faith that all be ok. Abrazos, mi amiga. Keep yo' head up! ;)

4 Comments:

  • At August 30, 2005 11:29 AM, Blogger CubanDiva said…

    Grouchy,
    We are going back and we will FA REAL tear up Miami. Just know that Miami keeps that piece of summer waiting for you all year long! Besos!

     
  • At August 30, 2005 11:58 AM, Blogger Karla said…

    I dont want summer to end either. STAY SUMMER STAY!....lol. Look at you and kim tearing up Miami.


    That is a beautiful pic Marissa thanks for sharing.

     
  • At August 30, 2005 1:49 PM, Blogger Joanne said…

    WOW -grouchy. For someone who doesn't think she has anything to say, I loved this post! You know that I am RIGHT there with you and the summer feelings. I can't believe it's already over. But, hopefully, even on the dreariest of winter days, there will be reminders that something really good will re-emerge in the spring. (If not before ;-)

     
  • At September 15, 2005 3:54 PM, Blogger Reese The Law Girl said…

    Living in Eternal Summer now, I'm depressed. Fall is my favorite season, and I'm going to miss it. :(

    Make sure you take a picture of the bright orange and fire red leaves for me. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home